Facial Coverings Order
Per order of Nueces County Judge Barbara Canales, Corpus Christi Regional Transportation Authority (CCRTA) will require all individuals to use facial coverings while utilizing public transportation, or while at CCRTA transfer stations, bus stops, or facilities. The order goes into effect on Friday, June 26, 2020 at 11:59pm.
Anyone visiting CCRTA facilities, like the Staples Street Center, will also be required to follow the order while in public or common areas.
- are not required for children 10 years and younger
- do not need to be surgical grade or purchased, but must cover the nose and mouth
- can be made from household items such as bandanas, scarves, fabric, or neck gaiters
- are required when in public areas where social distancing is not possible
- order provides exceptions for individuals who have health conditions that makes wearing a facial mask covering unsafe
For the latest information on passenger requirements, service adjustments, CCRTA’s response to COVID-19, and other updates, please visit ccrta.org.